integrated, wireless load cell technology
The iPecs Lab system addresses the challenges of lab based load cell applications that require flexible, quick and efficient installation without the high costs associated with cumbersome wiring. Measuring 3 forces and 3 moments, this light weight tool is the world's only fully integrated wireless load cell and data logger with 6 degrees of freedom (DOF). Developed as a complete plug and play system, with user-selectable sampling rates, load torque units and 3-axis coordinate system - the iPecs Lab makes processing easy.
compact and light weight
At only 280 grams, this light-weight compact sensor offers more capabilities than traditional load cells without compromising weight or portability. It handles any application requiring wireless communications or onboard data logging with a range from small low-load to large high-load applications. For other applications, it is portable enough to be used as a dedicated load cell or as a modular load cell tool.
plug and play simplicity
A complete solution to your everyday challenges. The system includes all the needed hardware and software, elimination the need to piece together sensor systems from multiple suppliers. As a standalone system it can be easily integrated and synchronized with existing acquisition systems that support digital data streaming and analogue data outputs.
wireless data capture
Powered by Li polymer rechargeable batteries, the built-in wireless communications system includes on-board signal conditioning, real-time, data collection, auxiliary IO ports and user selectable sampling rates of 30 Hz to 1000 Hz. Data can also be captured by iPec's removable on-board Micro SD card for convenient downloading of data.
- Measures X, Y and Z forces
- Measures X, Y and Z moments (torques)
- Measures X, Y and Z tilt (accellerometer)
- 30 - 1000 samples per second
- Wireless communication to data collection module (DCM) over ISM band
- DCM sends digital data to PC over USB
- DCM has analog output for use with gait labs existing A/D
- Forces displayed as lbs, kgf, or N
- Torques displayed as in-lbs, ft-lbs, kgf-m or N-m
- Samples saved to disk on PC or to micro-SD chip
- Open-iPecs library allows users to write programs to directly read samples from the sensor or send commands to the sensor
|NASA TECH BRIEFS
ANNOUNCES IPECS AS WINNER
We are honored to take first place in this innovation competition.